Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Check-Ups

Joey and Carlee are really growing up. This sounds corny to say, but when you step back and realize how fast things go you wish you could freeze time. My friend recently had a baby and we were all at our usual Einstein Bagels get together with the kids. As I watched her juggle her son and her newborn, I felt like it was just yesterday that I was doing that. But it wasn't - that was 15 months ago!!! I can't even believe HOW FAST these past 15 months have gone. The kids have grown up in a blink!

Joey and Carlee both had check-ups on Friday. Here are there latest stats as well as what is going on in their lives.

JOEY - 3 YEARS OLD



Height: 38.5 inches
Weight: 31 pounds

Joey just had his 3rd birthday! Amazing! I can hardly even remember 3 years ago!! He is doing SO MUCH now - I can hardly keep up! He has the most amazing spirit. He is fun, silly, and crazy all the time! The kid likes to have a good time and make everyone laugh. He is ALWAYS on the move. As long as he has an activity to do, then he is fairly well behaved. But if I have to attend to something other than him and he isn't occupied - forget it!! He is still the needy boy he has been since he was born. Still really attached to me and still super jealous of Carlee's place in our lives.
Joey and Carlee definitely have their moments, but lately he has started to be very sweet to her as well. I think it is helping that she can walk and communicate more with him. They laugh at each other and make silly faces and noises with each other. Joey gives her a zillion treats and snacks, and even helped her eat her cereal the other day. The sweet, loving side of Joey is definitely there and definitely a huge part of him. Joey continues to be very smart and a constant sales man! He listens to everything people are saying even when you think he is not paying attention. He remembers the littlest details from long ago and can charm just about anybody. As tough as he is, he is a true joy to be around and constantly makes me laugh.
As his vocabulary is continuing to develop he is saying the funniest things. For example, the other day he told me "Mom, read the instructions and that might help you out." This was after I told him I couldn't put a new toy together until Carlee took her nap.
He is also smartly figuring out how to get things he wants by making things up. He will ask me for a snack and if I say no, he'll respond "but daddy already told me I could!" If I check with Chris, 80% of the time Joey never even asked him! He tries to negotiate EVERYTHING and will wear you down until you give in. Or if you don't give in - get ready for the fake cry!! :)

Joey is about to hit a big milestone in his life as he gets ready to start preschool. He is already telling me that he wants me to stay with him because "I will be scared and I will cry." I am hoping that the transition for him is not as rough as I think it will be. It is going to be a MAJOR step for him to go somewhere without me, but he is ready for school. His mind needs the new stimulation as he is starting to get bored at home.
Joey got a new bed for his birthday which we finally set up last night. I will post pictures of his big boy room soon. It looks amazing! Of course, I got tears in my eyes when he jumped in bed last night - he is so grown up now. :(
He also got a bike with training wheels for is birthday but he has not actually been given it yet! We have had so much going on that Chris and I have not had time to set it up yet!! Soon though, we will bring that out and have fun teaching him how to ride it!
Joey has only been three for a couple of weeks and already he is doing so much! This is going to be a big year for him and we are excited to continue to watch him grow!!

CARLEE - 15 months



Height: 32 inches (90%)
Weight: 22 pounds 5 ounces (50%)

Carlee also has had a big explosion. She is walking exclusively and chatting up a storm. Her communication and play skills amaze me! The things she can do at 15 months are so far ahead of where Joey was at this age. 2nd child or girl? I don't know -but likely a combination of both! She has several words and sings songs that to me are understandable by the inflection in her voice. She can tell you with accuracy if she wants something or not - "ye huh" and "no." If it is time to go somewhere and I tell her to get her shoes she walks over to the shoe basket, picks out a pair of her shoes (always a matching pair) and brings them me! Speaking of shoes, she LOVES shoes!! She is constantly playing in the shoe basket and taking shoes on and off. She also loves to wear bracelets and is basically always carrying around a doll. These "little girl" things melt my heart and I love that she is a princess.
She likes to sing songs and play peek-a-boo. She always wants to be outside and would give her left arm for 5 minutes on the swing! She has fabulous play skills - she stacks up to 7 blocks and then knocks them over with delight, she organizes and puts things away for fun, she gives her dolls hugs and sucks of her binky, and she likes to throw and chase balls. She can entertain herself for LONG periods of time (as long as she is not interrupted by an un-named big brother), is independent and confident.
She also is quite demanding and like any toddler prefers to have her way. She lets you know when she is not happy with a situation or wants something you are not giving her with an ear piercing yell.
Carlee is at that wonderful age where everything she does is cute, new, and exciting. She can basically do no wrong right now! :) She loves music so I am going to start her in a music class while Joey is at school on Tuesdays. I'm looking forward to doing an activity with just her and giving her some special time with mommy!

~~~~~~~~~
Here are a few recent pics of the two little gems in my life..

Joey being Joey




Bathtime


Longwood Gardens

1 comment:

  1. They sound so much like my two! Isn't it so nice to have an independent one who can take care of herself?! Brice was very needy too. Good luck with preschool, I'm sure he will enjoy it and you will enjoy your time!

    ReplyDelete