Sunday, January 24, 2010

Bubble Bath

Who ever heard of being afraid of bubbles? Joey.

This morning I decided to give Joey a bubble bath; something he has not had in a while. I ask him if he wants a bath and he nods his head and says "ye!" He runs to the bath room all excited and motions for me to turn on the water.

As I'm taking off his clothes, he does his usual routine of dipping his hands into the running water and rubbing them together as if he's washing his hands. The diaper is finally off and and he can't wait to get in the tub. As I put him in, he looks down and notices the see of white bubbles. So instead of sitting in the the tub, he chooses to stand. He then proceeds to wipe the bubbles off his legs!

As a distraction, I open up a new bath toy! He's excited! He loves new toys! I chuck a ball from the toy into the tub and he picks it up. Then he hands it to me and makes his noise that means "get whatever the hell this is on my hands off!" So I blow all the bubbles off his hands and the ball he's holding. Good for now, but still standing up.

I turn off the running water and tell him it's time to sit down - which he does reluctantly - then stands up, makes the noise again, and tries to climb out of the tub!!

Luckily, I showed him how to swish his hands in the water to remove the bubbles and was able to keep him occupied long enough to get clean. But that was it. It was the shortest bath in history with many attempts to get out of the tub fast!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to blog world! I'm still figuring things out too so just take your time and do what you can when you can!

    ReplyDelete