Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Lumpy Oatmeal Blues

Joey eats three things for breakfast. Multi-grain Cheerios, waffles, and pancakes. We rotate them on a three day schedule so he doesn't get bored. Well, recently on Joey's favorite show "Hi-5," one of the characters (the hot one, Jen - the one Chris always asks if we can invite over!) sang a song titled the Lumpy Oatmeal Blues. "Ah - oatmeal!" I thought to myself! "A perfect 4th breakfast to add in the rotation!"

So this morning I made oatmeal!

I put it on Joey's tray and he looked at it like it was from outer space. "What's this?" He must have been thinking. "This isn't part of the rotation!" But he decided - after staring at it for a few minutes - that he'd give it a try. 3 bites later, he handed me the bowl and took off his bib.

Okay, so at least he tried it. I was proud of him for that. He gave it a fair shot and he didn't like it. Cheerios it was for this morning's first meal! And all that left over oatmeal? I'd slice a few bananas, put it in the bowl, and eat it myself!

So there Joey and I sat. Eating our breakfast and catching up on the events of each other's night. We finished our breakfast and I went to the sink to clean the dishes. Only baby girl Capriotti decided that she too did not like oatmeal. And Mommy had given her more than just 3 bites - she ate an entire bowl!

So up came the oatmeal. All of it. Right into the kitchen sink.

Now, all day, I've been singing the Lumpy Oatmeal Blues!

1 comment:

  1. So sorry you lost your oatmeal! Brice can't stand the smell of it so whenever I make it, he runs out of the room!

    ReplyDelete