Thursday, March 11, 2010

Only My Husband

Yesterday Joey woke up REALLY early and wanted to go downstairs immediately. To avoid loud crying and whining that would wake Chris up, I grabbed my toothbrush and headed downstairs.

Wasn't that really nice of me? I knew Chris wouldn't want to be woken up at 6 am when he didn't need to be up for work that day until 8. You know, it's the nice things you do for your spouse since you love them.

So the day goes on, and I never end up bringing my toothbrush back upstairs. It remained next to the sink in the downstairs bathroom.

After a long day of crib shopping at a store an hour away, and having dinner with Chris' parents (who were watching Joey despite his fever so I could crib shop), Joey and I returned home at around 7:30pm.

By the time 10:30 rolled around I was exhausted and heading up for bed. I went to grab my toothbrush out of the downstairs bathroom, but it wasn't there. I figured Chris had brought it upstairs for me.

So when I got upstairs and saw that it wasn't in my drawer I asked Chris if he had seen it.

His response, through hysterical laughter: "Ummm, that wasn't your toothbrush downstairs was it?"

"Yes," I respond. "I brushed my teeth downstairs this morning so that Joey wouldn't wake you up."

The laughter gets more hysterical. There might even be a tear rolling down his cheek now. "Oh, I used that earlier to clean the grease out of my chain saw!"

SERIOUSLY??? You saw a toothbrush, that is the same color as mine, lying on the bathroom counter, and thought, "Hey, this must be an extra toothbrush - I'll just go outside and clean the grease out of my chain saw!"

Only in my house - and only my husband! Gotta love him!

1 comment:

  1. My Dad always uses my mom's to clean his golf clubs! She gets so mad!

    ReplyDelete