Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Getting Ready for Baby

The nursery for the NEW baby (I still feel like Joey is my baby) is starting to come together! Last night Chris finished rebuilding the entertainment center that is going to be her armoire. It's painted a beautiful white and when you open the cabinet doors there is a bead board backing and a rod with all of her cute clothes hanging up! It looks fantastic!

The finished armoire got me motivated to work on her dresser/changing station and finish buying the things I need for her crib. Joey and I made a trip to Babies R Us today and bought all the mattress pads, extra crib sheets, changing pad, changing pad covers, burp clothes, a pretty pink blanket, and a whole host of other things!

I'm so excited for Chris to come home and see her dresser all set up and decorated. My favorite part is the home made frames I crafted last night to match her bedding!



Her crib came in the other day and Chris is going to pick it up on Wednesday night and hopefully assemble it too! :)

Still on the to-do list for the nursery is to buy a rug, move the glider from Joey's room to the baby's room, buy a small side table to go next to the chair, paint some picture frames, finish making her bow holder (another craft of mine), buy a camera for the baby monitor.... The list goes on and on! But at least there is a light at the end of the tunnel!!

Once the nursery is done I can move on to other things we need - such as a double stroller!! All these things to buy!! So much fun - I couldn't be happier to shop! Just hope Chris is happy when he sees all the bills - oh wait, I pay the bills - we're safe!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment