Thursday, April 1, 2010

Joey Makes a Discovery!

Chris was able to pick up and set up the baby's crib last night! So this morning, after breakfast, Joey noticed through the open door that something NEW and AMAZING had been added to the baby's room!

He got a big smile on his face when he saw it from the kitchen, pointed to it and said, "ahhhhh???" (his way of asking if he can go look)

I told him to go check it out - and here's what happened!

Looking at me to see if this is for REAL!:


Trying to climb in and contain his excitement at the same time:


AMAZED at the mobile:


And finally, testing out its sleepability:


He had so much fun playing with the mobile, reaching for the blinds on the window next to the crib (we'll have to figure something out when the baby learns to do this), and alternating between jumping on the mattress and laying on it while snoring!

Finally, after about 20 minutes, I had to end the fun and to get Joey and I dressed and off to my OB appointment.

He COMPLETELY flipped when I took him out! He cried like you would imagine a boy crying after seeing his dog get run over by a bus! :) He was so upset.

So this has left me thinking. Does he think I built him and extra room - complete with a crib? Is he going to be even MORE upset when the new baby comes home and he realizes that SHE gets to sleep in this wonderful new crib? Only time will tell - but I'm starting to get really nervous for how he is going to take the arrival of the baby who is going to zap away 50% of his daily attention!

No comments:

Post a Comment