Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My Little Helper

(These pictures are a few months old because I meant to write this blog a while ago but am just now getting to it!)

Joey is a chore-a-holic! He loves to do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that Chris and I do. To Chris' disappointment, some of the things he enjoys doing (because he sees me do them every day) is put on rings, bracelets, and necklaces, put on his "make-up" with my extra make-up brushes, put moisturizer on his face, and brush his hair with my round brush!

These are all quite girly things, but there are lots of other things he enjoys doing as well - chores!

First up ~ he loves to help clean anything with a wet rag. Windows, the high chair, furniture. While I dust and clean - he dusts and cleans!





He even gives Elmo a bath when he's all done dusting the furniture!!



A daily task that Joey really enjoys is helping me to unload the dishwasher. He is in charge of all the silverware. He takes out each utensil and throws them up in the drawer - then I organize them in to their proper spots later!



On to his FAVORITE: Trash Night!! Luckily for Joey, we have two trash nights!! He shakes the bag out and everything! It's hysterical to watch!





Last, but not least, in the photographed chores is laundry. He does it all. Put the clothes in, take them out, close the detergent drawer, and push the buttons to turn everything on!






There are lots of other chores Joey likes to do, but not all made it on photograph! The first job he ever got excited about was feeding the dog. He used to scoop the food, poor it in the bowl, and then clap when Charlie would come over to eat it. After about a month though, he discovered how much fun it was to take the food out of her bowl and throw it in the water bowl. So this was the end of feeding the dog! I don't let him do it anymore because after numerous "time-outs" for throwing the dog food, the throwing didn't stop. It was just too much fun and so the time out was worth it!

Just recently Joey has gotten really into cleaning up toys after he is finished playing with them! Shocking to me, but he loves it! When we are outside and I tell him it's time to clean up, he pushes each and every car and toy up the driveway and into the shed. Also, when I turn off the water in the shower, without direction, he begins putting all the toys into the bucket! He likes everything to be neat and orderly - something Chris is happy about!

As Joey gets more and more independent, he finds more things he wants to do all by himself. Some are chore related, but now it is expanding on to other things - like putting on his own shoes. It is so neat to be able to watch him grow, learn, and develop every day! You can almost see his little brains working away as he figures new things out! What a blessing he is ~ my little helper ~ my little life!

2 comments:

  1. This is hilarious and cute all in one! Definitely a first born. Baby Girl may be just the opposite!

    ReplyDelete